Sunday 30 September 2012

MOVIE: Ethiopia - The North (Part 1)



So, you've read the write up, and seen the photos I trust...?

Perhaps even the best prose and pictures cannot do justice to the landscapes I've been riding through - and certainly my own results are pale in comparison with the real thing.

Here's an attempt to do better, using the magic of movies... But again, somehow I remember everything being brighter, greener, sunnier and peaceful - the movie camera can only do so much!  I haven't been able to load the HD version either, which might have helped.

Last point:  now that I'm trying to blend a decent amount of soundtrack and voiceover, along with stills and variable speed footage, I've started to reach the limits of my computer's processing ability.  So, rather than chop the film down to a few short clips I think a more enjoyable result is to break the Ethiopian movie into two...

This is Part 1, and you'll get the second part in due course!

Hope you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment